Tuesday 8 January 2013

Three hundred and fifty eight

Fire! Fire!
the Ballarat sky was orange and green last night with the fires at Carngham / Chepstowe. By the time I had reached home it was about 10 degrees, threatening to rain and not a whiff of smoke in the air, but it was an anxious night for some of my colleagues.

I had nothing in the tank last night but had commiteed to myself that I would get on the treadie and do another C25K session, and half way through I found the magic stuff that makes you want to keep running. At the very end of the session in the cool down, Madonna's Ray of Light came on, so I pumped up the volume and the pace and brought it home at 7 km / hour
Later I weighed myself and it seems I have lost 2.5 kg in two weeks, just from running most days for about 30 minutes - my arse is definitely smaller than it was two weeks ago - it was getting a bit Mums Bums

This morning I woke up with a groan - had some very interesting dreams last night, but probably not great reading unless you were in it. I scraped myself together and put on my favourite blue shirt that I haven't been able to wear because I got too fat for a while, hopped in the car and listened to the fire reports, and when that became too depressing, switched the iphone to random music and this song came on:

Which never fails to make me smile, and I knew then I was going to have a good day, and possibly burst the speakers in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment