Thursday 10 January 2013

Three hundred and fifty five

Its about 35 degrees in Bendigo at the moment. I just left there to drive back down to Ballarat after meeting with a few folk up there - in our office right now, its about 16 degrees, so its rather confusingly hot when you go outside for any reason.
Its 2.05pm and I have only walked 3500 steps so far - most of my day has been yet again spent in the car driving from Waterloo to Bendigo to Ballarat and later back to Waterloo.
I had planned to meet up with some of my ex colleagues this afternoon for a coffee and a chin wag, but they are busy with the Municpal Emergency Control Centre because today is a very, very high fire danger and there's a couple of grass fires burning here and there around the shire - so people in threat can go to the MECC or call them I think for advice - I only ever did one afternoon in the centre when I worked at the City and that was when it flooded, so it was sending folk out to assess damage and what not.
I have stacks of piles of snow drifts of work to do on my desk and I am just knackered and don't want to do any of it.
But I better, or no pay for me.

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment