Wednesday 9 January 2013

Three Hundred and fifty six

I wore my pedometer for most of the day - its only about 5pm as I type, and I have already taken 11,340 steps so far.
I read this on the About.com webshite:
Classification of pedometer-determined physical activity in healthy adults:
1) Under 5000 steps/day may be used as a "sedentary lifestyle index"
2) 5,000-7,499 steps/day is typical of daily activity excluding sports/exercise and might be considered "low active."
3) 7,500-9,999 likely includes some exercise or walking (and/or a job that requires more walking) and might be considered "somewhat active."
4) 10,000 steps/day indicates the point that should be used to classify individuals as "active".
5) Individuals who take more than 12,500 steps/day are likely to be classified as "highly active".

Now, I spent the most part of today sitting on my bum in the car driving to Daylesford and Ballarat and Waterloo for meetings, some of which were actually conducted in the car, and I was able to achieve over 10,000 steps easily. I went for a 30 minute C25K session which took up about 6,000 of those steps, and chased the goat around the paddock for about 10 minutes when I got home from driving all over western victoria. But I REALLY don't reckon that I can in any way be classed as "highly active"unless you are talking about me being highly active in kissing and thinking about kissing - I am defintely highly active in that area.
I am just about to start week 4 of my running routine C25K which is upping it just a bit more on the running vs walking point - there will be 5 minutes of continual running a couple of times in the session interspersed with walking at the same pace and a couple of shorter running stints - I am actually finding the walking parts a bit of a trial at the moment, I just want to run more, but I know building up to it is half the fun... a bit like kissing.
I weighed myself this afternoon and was actually quite surprised to see that I had lost 3 kilos since I started weighing myself again (despite my better judgement) a couple of weeks ago. I haven't altered my diet, although I am not as compelled to snack since I started running again, curiously. I am about 5 ft 7 inches and I started off at 86 kg (BMI 29.8) which was just horrible - When I lay down on my side, my tummy lay down next to me like a puppy, which you know, is comforting and huggable if you can put it down sometimes, but my tummy is / was attached to my front, so its like carrying a dead puppy in a sling... which really actually motivates me to get rid of it. I am currently 82.5kg (28.5 BMI) and now have a slightly smaller puppy to tote around.
My tummy is still baggy and interesting in a way that is not in anyway associated with kissing (scars from badly conducted operations in my youth coupled with the landscape altered by childbearing and ageing) but it IS smaller and my bum is way, way, way tighter than it was but sadly, at this point, and probably each point on the circle of points in my life, I am yet to look like the atomic gorgeousness that is, was, and shall ever be Julie Newmar

I'm sorry... just how does one get hips like that with a waist like that?
Lets take another look:


My goodness... that is something to aspire to- usually not a fan of ankle boots, but hey... but wait just a minute... who is that behind you Julie?
Could it be Batman?
Why don't you turn around and take a look...


Holy latex coated bowling balls Batman!





No comments:

Post a Comment