Thursday 3 January 2013

Three hundred and sixty two

I am in pain today
I have a nasty sinus headache that just won't budge from under and behind my left eye.
I am up in Bendigo this morning and then off  to Kyneton and then back to Ballarat before driving home again. Complete madness.But it gives me time to listen to RadioNational and BBC podcasts. I have been enjoying the Infinite Monkey Cage lately and yesterday learned aboout a creature I might like to have in my top paddock. The Spider Goat. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am rather fond of both goats and spiders and that making the most use of both of their attributes makes a whole lot of sense to me. Imagine this: you have a lovely wee saarinen nanny goat who keeps the grass down,makes poo for the garden and is a pleasure and joy to behold - and when you milk her, you get silk as strong as steel that you can make bullet proof vests out of in preparation for the shit going down. Brilliance.
OR you are playing tennis and TWANG!! there goes your achilies tendon... but wait, you have a spider goat in the back yard, you can just knit yourself up a replacement tendon.
I just tried on this dodgy laptop for about 20 minutes to put a pictureof a spider goat in this blog, but its not going to let me . Maybe just go here if you are interested.
My brother in law and his two kids have come to ours to stay for a couple of days- the last time they were here a few months back, my nephew ran through the screen door within about 2 minutes of arriving. Last night his sister did the same thing. Mars took the door off and repaired it and resinstalled it and then about 10 minutes later my nephew ran through it again... quick learners these ones. In this instance I am glad to say that I am not related by blood. I'n thinking we might weave some coloured thred into the mesh while they are staying so it doesn't keep happening


No comments:

Post a Comment