Friday 4 January 2013

Three Hundred and Sixty One

I just ate half a can of canned pasketti. Because it was in the fridge.

I have been  keeping up with my running program, today will be day one of week three. Its getting easier, in fact after 20 minutes I want to keep going rather than start to cool down. I'll be back on the tready this arvo when I have finished tidying up after our recent guests.
 And the parrot that I found mangled in the hall because everyone forgot to close the cat flap this morning.
I visited a friend in Ballarat this morning who was having a garage sale - they sold their motor bike even though it wasn't for sale, and I came home with a 5 string banjo to babysit for a while - I don't know yet how to play a banjo, but am open to any suggestions about good tutorial websites.

I have always had a bit of a banjo fetish which was solidified when I first saw Harold & Maude when I was 12
Spolier alert!!

I am so going to learn to play the banjo

Yesterday I met up with one of my friends who is also my former boss who I would like to work with again because we work well together. I get shitty with him sometimes because his world doesn't hinge on my opinion, and he doesn't think its all about me. Equally this is why I love working with him and having a brutally honest friendship with him, we keep each other's feet firmly planted on planet earth. Anyway, I think we will be working together again this year when I finish what I am doing now, and that is enough to turn my frown upside down.
Although... we met at the art gallery in Ballarat in the cafe yesterday - it was about 43 degrees outside and so no hot drink was going to be right, we ordered 2 x iced coffees, which came to $17.00!!!
The lady assured us they would be worth it, but my friend/former/future boss and I had a discussion about the cut off point where something as simple as an iced coffee could be worth a certain amount. We came up with about 6 bux. These were way out of the park. And they tasted like iced coffees. And I got milk breath because I don't drink milk in anything because it gives me milk breath. So you know. That was a word of warning if you're planning on a trip to Ballarat art gallery on a hot day and you would like some coffee. Go to another cafe.


Back to Harold & Maude - it really is probably my favourite movie ever - that and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Here is a little preview for the uninitiated - also "Don't Be Shy"is a song that must be played at my funeral
And from American New Wave Cinema (my favourite kind) to Howard Hawks Hollywood extravaganza:

No comments:

Post a Comment